Like most of his classmates, Frederic Ribault was attracted by Vatel’s educational concept: “The idea of not having to sit for a whole year listening to teachers giving us courses, but to also be able to do my future job was something that I could really relate to.
“My mission consists in coordinating the work done by all the hotel managers in my area, so that they all share the same sales, development, recruitment strategies and so on.
I traveled quite a bit when I was studying at Vatel and throughout my whole career. I regularly go to meet hotel managers all over in Argentina and also go to Brazil where the Accorhotels group head office is located for Latin America.
And there’s not a single city where I didn’t find at least one Vatelien during my career and today four of them work with me at the Sofitel Buenos Aires.Vatel really bonds us together, and that’s something rare and priceless.
A quick look at his career
- 1997: graduates from Vatel, becomes a Vatelien
- 1997-1998: Administrative controller at the Sofitel Marseille Vieux Port
- 1998-1999: Restaurant manager at the Sofitel La Defense Center in Paris
- 1999-2001: F&B Manager at the Hotel Clipper & Hotel Baie du Galion in the Caribbean
- 2001-2004: Restaurant manager at the Sofitel Paris Porte de Sevres
- 2004-2007: F&B Manager at the Sofitel Versailles in Paris (nom Pullman Château de Versailles Hotel)
- 2007-2009: F&B Manager at the Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade in Portugal
- 2009-2012: Assistant manager at the Sofitel Rabat Jardin des Roses in Morocco
- 2012-2014: Hotel manager at the Sofitel Rio de Janeiro in Brazil
- 2014-2015: General Manager at the Sofitel Buenos Aires in Argentina
- 2015 to date: Luxury hotels manager for the Accorhotels group in Argentina